Privacy and GDPR
VisionR's Scout© does not collect any identifiable information from shoppers. Our clients may make Personal Information available to us from their various loyalty programs. We only analyse this data when the end-user has agreed to third-party sharing.
Privacy Driven Data
VisionR Data Processing:
What Kind Of Data Collection And Processing Does VisionR Do?
VisionR has two core data collection approaches, the first is anonymised device detection (“Wi-fi analytics”), and the second is video processing.
What is Wi-Fi Analytics?
Each mobile device is constantly broadcasting a machine access code (MAC) address while the Wi-fi is powered on. The purpose of this code is to allow the router to give a device access to the network. VisionR's Scout© can detect this broadcasted address and apply a hash, or encryption, to it. This is so that it is no longer identifiable to any individual device. VisionR then uses this anonymised Wi-Fi data to tell what the daily average shop duration is in premises and what portion of each day's shoppers have visited the premises before. i.e. there were 1,000 shoppers today, the average shop time was 10 minutes, and 20% of the shoppers were seen before. No individual's movements or personal data are identified by this type of processing. VisionR does not store the payload of wireless network packets (meaning the data that end users are sending or receiving over a Wi-Fi network).
What is video processing?
VisionR Scout© Sensors analyse live video on-site to estimate visual shopper characteristics, like age or gender, and to analyse what paths shoppers take through a store. Our customers may then use this information for operational, marketing, or strategic purposes, like improving the overall shopping experience, store layout or products. Video is not recorded and is not available for playback. VisionR does not store footage for theft prevention or any other purpose. No individuals can be identified by this type of data collection or processing.
VisionR Web Platform & Analytics Services
We sell a license to use our SaaS solution to our customer. This solution provides many different features, which include the following:
- VisionR Scout© Sensor (An edge computing device designed to collect anonymous shopper data from a premises)
- VisionR Web Portal (The touch point between our customers and their shopper data, this is where raw data is analysed and productised)
- VisionR Insights (Recommendations, advice, and benchmarks we give to our customers based upon their shopper data and our experience with shopper data).
We provide our Services under the sole direction of our customers when collecting and processing your information.
The Information We Collect On Our Website(s)
In the course of operating the Platform and providing our services, VisionR collects the following types of information from End Users:
- Personal Information: We may collect individually identifiable information which is related to End Users, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”).
- Non-personal Information: We collect un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to End User(s), which may be made available to us or gathered via End User's use of the Websites (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the individual from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include the following: End User's Activity. We and our technology providers may automatically collect Information when End Users visit or access the Websites, including your referring URL; time stamp; browser type and language; operating system; screen height; screen width; color depth; whether your computer is Java enabled; Internet connection type; whether or not your browser accepts cookies; pages viewed on the Websites; products viewed, placed in the cart, and purchased on the Websites; quantity, price, and purchase ID of products placed in cart or purchased on the Websites; and custom page data, as defined by our Clients.
- If we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information, the combined information shall be treated by us as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
How We Use The Information
- To send to our Clients relevant information and updates related to the Services.
- To generally understand the needs and interests of our Clients and their End Users.
- To conduct anonymous analytics in order to improve and customize our Services and Platform.
- To support and troubleshoot our Services.
- To investigate and resolve disputes in connection with our Services.
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
- To monitor system performance and network capacity, test and fix systems, and develop and implement upgrades to systems.
With Whom We Share The Information
- our subsidiaries any of our parent companies, affiliates, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- the Client you interact with directly.
- subcontractors and other third party service providers, such as cloud computing service providers.
- auditors or advisers of our business process
- any potential purchasers or investors in VisionR.
We will not share without your consent your Personal Information except as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, court orders and regulations or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
Data Retention & End User's Rights
How We Protect The Information
Children’s Personal Information
VisionR does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in the EU who are under the age of sixteen (16) through our website, Scout© or partner data. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without his/her consent, then he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
How To Contact Us
How To Opt Out Of Device Analysis
If you wish to opt-out of anonymised Wi-Fi device analysis you can do so here.